Wednesday, February 2, 2011

About supper last night

Last night I finally made the crab pastini recipe that I discovered in a seafood cookbook a few weeks back. As soon as I saw the dish in the picture I started craving it! I love snow crab and any excuse to cook it,  I take. As soon as the crushed red pepper hit the olive oil/garlic butter blend my nose was being teased and my mouth was actually watering! The aroma of the garlic, pepper and lemon was tantalizing! When I tasted the angel hair pasta after it had been tossed in the blend and salted, I was blown away! I LOVE this dish!!!
That being said. My older two kids didn't really care for it. Anthony said it was too seasoned. Which I found to be odd for him. Nathan said it just didn't taste right. I can only think of one or two things here. One, neither of them may actually like fresh Italian parsley, or two, they might not have been feeling the olive oil. Thomas liked the taste but the peppers were too spicy for him. Prieto loved the pasta. My husband loved the entire meal and took the leftover in to work with him this morning. This may end up being one of those non-kid friendly meals. I would totally recommend it for a "date night" meal though. The grown up, mature palate will be very pleased that you did! :) Also, that Italian garlic/cheese bread was amazing!   I hope you guys enjoy checking out the pictures and the recipes. My next supper mission will be chicken and shrimp po boys at Anthony and Nathan's request. The next dessert creation in the works was inspired by my older sister Jana. It will be a Mounds pie. Coconut cream, with milk chocolate and toasted almonds. It is her current favorite coffee flavor, who knows, I may just mix in a small shot of espresso and call it a coffee mound pie. :) I guess you will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment