Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tear Jerker Pie...


Pistachio Cream pie with sweetened strawberries and cool whip. I may just have to dub this one "The Tear Jerker". The reason being because after I sat the dessert plates at the table and walked back into the kitchen I suddenly hear Anthony boohooing. I hollered out at him asking if it was really that bad and his reply was, "No Mom, it is really that good! As a matter of fact this is my new favorite pie and I want it every year on my birthday!" Apparently I am a darn good pie maker. Yay for team Bazan! :)


1 prepared graham cracker pie shell OR if making your own you will need;
2 cups plus 2 T. of graham cracker crumbs (reserve 2 T. until later for topping)
1 stick of melted butter

Mix together and pressed into a pie dish.

2 Packages of pistachio Jello brand pudding
2 cups of cold milk
3/4 cup of cool whip

Whip together till creamy, thickened and smooth and pour into pie crust.
Refrigerate for 2 or more hours.

Slice strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Set aside for topping pie slices.
Once you slice pie add strawberries, a spoon of cool whip, and then sprinkle graham cracker crumbs for the grand finale. ENJOY!!!

HEALTH TIPS:
If you are trying to cut sugar and/or fat use the reduced fat graham cracker crust, use the sugar free pistachio pudding, skim milk, sugar free cool whip, and splenda to sprinkle of the strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment